Thursday, October 15, 2009

To my dad



Suddenly remember of this song, a very old song, but its ever green. Its from a movie 《搭错车》(Papa, can you hear me)

The synopsis of the movie is: A mute old man, who picks the bottles of beer and sells it as the job. He lives with a so-called wife. One day, he sees a baby girl at the bushes and decides to take care of her as his own daughter. But, his wife feels that the baby has taken her place and the man doesn't care about her as much as before. So, she left him, with the baby. When the girl has grown up, she becomes a well-known singer, and she has used a fake family background to cover the reel and "unnoticeable" truth that she is dumped and grown up by a mute father. When she has a performance, her dad has a heart-attack. But, she doesn't get the chance to see him and talk to him the last time.

So, here comes this song, saying that:

Without you, who am I? It's you, who has grown me up. It's you, who has gave me a home. It's you, who has gave me lots of care. It's you, who has accompanied me to say the first word( which is papa). I can't forget the voice(which is the music that produced by the old man with the bottles), that I listen everyday in my life. When can I sing it again with you?

*酒干倘卖无 (pronounce in Hokien "jiu gan tang boei bo")
means after finished the beer, let's collect the bottle. That's the reflection of the old man's life.

Hope that those haven't watch this movie, quick! Enjoy it now! I'm sure that you won't regret, even though the tears will accompany you at the end of it...

Me, I have watched it for so many times, but later I'll watch it again...
Miss my dad, muacks!!

No comments: